Bout of Books 16 - Goals and Progress

maio 09, 2016



As usual, this post contains my goals for the read-a-thon as well as my progress during this whole week.

Goals

  • To read every day - I want to read at least 20 pages a day, but if I manage to just read every day, it will already be good
  • To participate in at least two challenges

I often find myself distracted with useless things and spending too much time doing nothing productive. I want to start changing that and start using that time to read, even if just a few pages. I am not planning in any way to finish the book I'm reading, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It has 1,200 pages, I barely hit the 200 pages now, so... No expectations whatsoever in that area.

My Progress
Monday (Day 1)

Time devoted to reading: 15 minutes
Pages I've read today: 6 pages
Total pages so far: 6 pages
Notes: Well, that was not what I was hoping for on this first day. I just had time to read on my way home, because I was too sleepy in the morning to be able to read. Anyway, I managed to read and that was good! I wanted to participate in the challenge of the day, but I totally forgot...

Tuesday (day 2)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour
Pages I've read today: 20 pages
Total pages so far: 26 pages
Notes: Today was better than the first day and I managed to read twenty pages, which is one of my daily goals. I was also able to participate in one challenge, on Instagram, and you can see it here. Not bad!

Wednesday (Day 3)

Time devoted to reading: 30 minutes
Pages I've read today: 10 pages
Total pages so far: 36 pages
Notes: Today was not the day I was hoping for. I thought I would manage to read a lot more but life just happened and I only read while commuting. But I was able to participate in the challenge of the day, "5 Favorites", where I chose to enumerate my five favorite literature classics: The Count of Monte Cristo, Jane Eyre, Crime and Punishment, Frankenstein and The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Thursday (Day 4)

Time devoted to reading: none
Pages I've read today: none
Total pages so far: 36 pages 
Notes: Today I did not find any time to read. And before I went to bed I chose to watch another episode of Grey's Anatomy instead of reading because I was too tired to pick up a book. Oh well... I still have three days left.

Friday (Day 5)

Time devoted to reading: none
Pages I've read today: none
Total pages so far: 36 pages
Notes: Another day in a row without reading. I worked at home during the day, and at night I watched the latest episode of Grey's but then I had a massive headache and went to bed. So, no reading at all for today...

Saturday (Day 6)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour
Pages I've read today: 24 pages
Total pages so far: 60 pages

Notes: Today was a good day, compared with yesterday and the day before. During the day I wrote a bit for my thesis, at night I watched the Eurovision Contest and before going to bed I managed to read for an hour. It was a good day, overall.

Sunday (Day 7)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour
Pages I've read today:  20 pages
Total pages so far: 80 pages
Notes: I thought I would dedicate this day solely to reading. But, as usual, I got distracted with the internet and I only read for about an hour... I've got to be more disciplined.

WRAP-UP

And so it ends! Another Bout of Books has passed and I don't think it was that much of a failure. I managed to participate in two challenges, so mission accomplished! And I wanted to read everyday, which it did not happen, with two days with me not reading at all... Oh well. Next time will be better! Still, I managed to read 80 pages total and almost 4 hours in the week. Now that I think about it, 4 hours a week is really not that much.

You Might Also Like

2 comentários